Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Expansion Eve

I was kinda hoping for a slightly sentimental last goodbye to Outlands tonight - to hearth to Shatt one more time and maybe fly over Zangarmarsh, Nagrand, and Hellfire (probably too lazy for any further out than that). In 24 hours, all these zones will fall away into insignificance, only visited by players passing through to level 80 or else occasionally by those who want to take a quick trip for fun or an achievement. I thought maybe I would do one last daily bombing run or perhaps even a quick heroic before I respec'd to fury and went through my gear inventory to decide what gear I would be using to level with.

But of course, the servers are down. Thanks, Blizz. You guys really know how to keep your reputation up for being rock solid at when crunch time hits. It's true that BC has really been stale the last several months, especially before the 3.0 patch, but I had a lot of great times in Outlands. Anyway, I guess I'll do an abbreviated /farewell tomorrow when I get home from work and log off in front of the boat that will take me to Northrend. After that, it's off to a midnight release! ...followed by a really, really long day at work, which I couldn't take off.

So worth it.

No comments: